FireSide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MyLeague.com Site Newsletter June 2009

Go down

MyLeague.com Site Newsletter June 2009 Empty MyLeague.com Site Newsletter June 2009

Post  Admin Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:11 am

MyLeague.com Site Newsletter
June 2009

Welcome to the MyLeague.com newsletter for June! This newsletter is a monthly update for all users of our site, and contains useful news, descriptions of site features, and other information that people may find helpful and informative.

Relay For Life

Each year, millions of Americans are diagnosed with some form of cancer, and thousands will die. The American Cancer Society is the number one fund raising organization to help cancer victims, research, and awareness.

This year, we are proud to once again be raising money to help battle this difficult disease, by participating in a Relay For Life event in June. Our office staff will be walking for 24 hours in a show of support for cancer survivors around the world. Your donation will be displayed publicly at this event. We would love to make Case's Ladder one of the top teams at the event! Last year we raised $10,800! Can we beat that this year?

Additionally, anyone who donates $200 or more will receive a 100,000 LadderBux bonus!

For more information about the Relay For Life Drive 2009, to check our total number of donations, or to make a donation of your own, please go to: http://www.igl.net/case/cancer.php .

Staff Spotlight - mabono5

Staff Spotlight is a section of the newsletter designed to let you know more about the people who help provide support for the site. This month, mabono5, one of the Admin Support volunteers, was randomly selected to write about himself.

Hi Leaguers!

I have been selected for this month’s Staff Spotlight. (The last time I was in the spotlight, I wasn’t exactly sober, but this time I am. Smile )

I am a 25 year old male from Wales UK, and own a house with my brother and two cats. I am currently single and not looking, because of an ongoing building relationship with a beautiful woman named Jessica. I do not like sheep and can’t sing. I work as a phone bank adviser for a large UK Bank. The role is also known as a “Telephone Punching Bag,” with the amount of abuse we generally get in the evenings.

A bit about myself eh? Well, I have been in the MyLeague community for about 8 years. I started off as a TD in my first league and progressed from there. I have been an Admin in one way or another for years. I became a member of Support in October 2008, and have really enjoyed my time so far. My favourite songs include Lily Allen – It’s not Fair, Coldplay – Viva La Vida, and Chromeo – BonaFied Lovin (My Signature DJ Track).

A lot of people ask me where my name came from, so once and for all I will explain Smile Back in 1999, I bought my first ever single, and I loved the song. It was by Lou Bega, and was called Mambo Number 5. Unfortunately my name was a typo that took six months to discover, but I kept with it. A lot of people say the song was made for me, and I like to think it’s true Wink

When I am not Supporting Admins, I play in Yahoo Pool in a couple of Leagues. I am also an Online Radio DJ, which I really enjoy.

About a year or so ago, I decided to spread the word “donut” and now have people in all four corners calling each other a donut. In reality, I only like Vanilla custard donuts.

Thanks for reading!

We hope that you enjoyed learning more about one of our many excellent site volunteers!

Feature of the Month - Gift LadderBux

One feature that Platinum and Diamond members receive with their membership is the ability to give their own LadderBux to other players as a gift... even to players on other Leagues! Platinum members can gift up to 2,000 of their LadderBux and Diamond members can gift up to 10,000 of their LadderBux every seven days.

Gifting LadderBux is easy to do! The first step in the process is to go to the Gift LadderBux tool. The easiest way to do this is to log in to your League account that you want to gift your LadderBux from, and click on the total number of LadderBux that you have, as listed at the top-right corner of each League screen. This will take you to the LadderBux Page, where you can see a history of your gifts, as well as make new gifts.

On the “Gift History” tab, you will be able to see how many LadderBux you have gifted in the past 7 days, as well as how many LadderBux you can still gift right then. Additionally, you will be able to see a history of all LadderBux gifts that you have made. The ones listed in red at the top are the ones that you have made within the past 7 days. Once a gift is more than 7 days old, it will turn white, and you will be able to gift that many LadderBux again.

To actually make a LadderBux gift, simply click the “Gift LadderBux” tab, on that page. This will take you to a form where you can input the information about the gift recipient. Here is a brief description of each blank in the form, as well as instructions as to what to input for them.

Ladder user is on – In this blank, put the path of the League that you want to gift to. The blank is automatically filled out with the path of the current League, so if you’re gifting to someone on the same League, you can leave this alone.

User(s) to give LadderBux to – In this blank, put the name of the user that you want to gift to. If you want to gift to multiple people at once, click “Add” until there are enough blanks for the names of all the people you want to gift to.

Number of LadderBux to give – This is where you put how many of your LadderBux you want to give.

Personal Message – If you want to include a note to the recipient(s) of your gift, you can put it in this box.

Send me a copy of the gift E-mail – If you want to get a copy of the E-mail that the recipient gets along with your LadderBux Gift, you can check this box.

Once you have filled out the form, click “Process Gift” to send the LadderBux to the gift recipient! The page should refresh, and your gift should now appear in the Gift History section. Smile

Gifting LadderBux can be a great way to get new players into tournaments fast, before they have a chance to accumulate LadderBux from their daily logins. It can also be a great way to reward or thank other players for their actions in the League. Whatever the reason that you want to make a gift, Platinum and Diamond members can use this tool to help make gifting as easy as possible. Smile

LadderBux Item of the Month - League Billboard

Got a special announcement that you want to share with the other members of your League? You can purchase a “League Billboard” for 2,500 LadderBux per day. In this billboard, you can put a message on your League’s main page, for everyone to see. The League Billboard can be used to wish a friend a Happy Birthday, to congratulate someone on a recent tourney win, or for any other kind of announcement that you want to share with the entire League. Additionally, redeeming a League Billboard does not count against your Redemptions limit, meaning that you can redeem a billboard, and still redeem another item immediately!

Please note that your Head Admin does have veto power over the billboard and can remove it, should they choose to. Because of this, it is always a good idea to check with your Admin team before redeeming this item, if you want to verify that the content of your billboard is acceptable to them. Smile

Case's Cruise 2010

It's time to start planning ahead for the annual Case's Ladder Cruise, as organized by gloop. This is a fun event that gloop volunteers to organize every year for all Ladders and Leagues. The following is a letter from gloop to all members of the site, with information about how to participate!

Hello Smile

Join us on May 8th, 2010 on board the brand new Carnival ship, The Dream Smile

We are going to three fantastic ports: Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. This is a 7-day adventure, leaving out of Port Canaveral, Florida.

Of course, I have obtained reduced pricing for us, plus a $100.00 on board credit! We also have our own all-inclusive cocktail party and gifts!

Each year more and more people go. This event is sponsored by Case's Ladder/Myleague so expect fun tournaments and prizes as well Smile

And good news! I have arranged a payment plan!!! You can cruise for as low as $69.00 with 8 easy payments after paying the $100.00 deposit.

For more information, please visit the web site at www.gloop.ca or email me at gloopytrucker@gmail.com

Please consider coming with us!

_gloop
Case's Ladder Cruise Conductor
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cancer Posts : 271

https://fireside.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down