FireSide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MyLeague.com Site Newsletter May 2009

Go down

MyLeague.com Site Newsletter May 2009 Empty MyLeague.com Site Newsletter May 2009

Post  Admin Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:10 am

MyLeague.com Site Newsletter
May 2009

Welcome to the May newsletter for MyLeague.com! This newsletter is a monthly update for all users of our site, and contains useful news, descriptions of site features, and other information that people may find helpful and informative.

Staff Spotlight – Tully56

Staff Spotlight is a section of the newsletter designed to let you know more about the people who help provide support for the site. This month, Tully56, one of the Admin Support volunteers, was randomly selected to write about herself.

My name is Tully56, and as my name was selected, I get to talk to you all for a few. A bit of historical background to share: I have been in the MyLeague system for around 9 years, fully enjoying playing, hosting and even becoming Head Admin of my own league. Smile I survived it all and am still going strong... (laughing)

Like many of you, I am an online gaming junky, when time allows me to be here. When not online, I enjoy the companionship of my cat and dog, who spend many hours entertaining me. They too have aspirations of becoming hosts in Leagues, but to this date, they have yet to put in their applications. I think they can't decide which game to host in, personally speaking. My hobbies include cooking, reading, writing my own music, singing, and enjoying the company of fellow musicians.

I am from the USA, and I enjoy the conversations and time spent with many of my overseas friends whom I have had the wonderful opportunity to meet thru gaming, and I hope to continue with such. Currently, I am unemployed from the medical field, but am working to soon be back in it, preferably working from my home; thus enabling me to spend more time online with my League and playing on the various gaming sites with friends.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time playing in their Leagues, hosting, etc. Keep smiling and having fun!

We hope that you enjoyed learning more about one of our many excellent site volunteers!

New Features – Daily LadderBux

As of today, everyone can now obtain 10 free LadderBux once per day, just for visiting the site!

Once per day, when you visit any of your League pages, while logged in, you will be awarded 10 LadderBux. Premium Members will receive their LadderBux multiplier on this amount, which means that Gold members will be awarded 20 LadderBux, Platinum members will be awarded 40 LadderBux, and Diamond members will be awarded 60 LadderBux!

The Daily LadderBux should be credited to your account each day on your first visit to your League page. Please note that to get these LadderBux, you have to visit one of the League pages that says “Hi, Username” at the top-right corner of the page.
This means that you must be logged in to your League page to receive the award. It also means that if you only visit tournament pages, you will not receive the LadderBux award for the day. So, if you always go directly to your tournament pages, make sure to also stop by one of the regular League pages, be it the Main page, Standings, or your “My Account” page, so that you can get your LadderBux!

New Features – League Manager

As you may know, users can have their Platinum membership on up to 5 of their Leagues, and they can have their Diamond membership on up to 10 of their Leagues. Recently, we added a new feature for Platinum and Diamond members, to make it easier to add and remove Leagues from their membership. This new feature is called the “League Manager,” and can be found on the My Account page.

The League Manager allows Platinum and Diamond members to add Leagues, without all the hassle of the old tool. Now, you don’t have to worry about the confusing “League Path” and “Ladder Name” boxes. All you have to do is log in to your Leagues, go to the League Manager tool, and click the “Add” button for the ones you want to add.

For more information about this tool, you can check out the tutorial for how to use it, located at: http://www.ladop.net/redesign/leaguemanagertutorial.htm

New Features – Recent Events

Some of you may have noticed the new module on the main page, under the “Go Play Now” button. This module is called the “Recent Events” module, and shows the 5 most recent events that have happened to your account. Your LadderBux earned from your daily visit will be shown here, as well as any ladder matches, tournament matches, and tournament victories.

If you click the “More Events” link, you can see even more events. Free account and Gold Members will see 10 events listed on the “More Events” page. Platinum and Diamond Members have no limit, and can view a full listing of all events from the time that the tool was added.

Feature of the Month – Standings

The standings page is a useful tool, though it can be daunting for someone approaching it for the first time. However, the different options that the Standings page provides allow anyone to view detailed information about the stats of anyone in the League!

For example, simply by clicking on the “LadderBux Now” column heading, you can order the standings from “Most LadderBux” to “Least LadderBux.” By clicking it a second time, you can reverse the order, so that you can see the people with the least LadderBux at the top, so that you can more easily find who needs more LadderBux.

Or, if you only want to see the people who are free users, above rank 25, you can use the “Filters” option to do that. Simply add a “Rank greater than 25” filter and a “Membership Level is Free” filter, click “Update,” and the standings will only show those users who fit your selected criteria.

Premium Members also get an extra feature with the Standings page. Once a Premium Member sets their filters the way they want, they can save their search to the “My LeaderBoards” box. Once the search is saved there, they can access it again with one click. With this feature, Premium Members can quickly and easily access the searches that they use on a regular basis!

To learn more about the standings page, you can visit our Standings Tutorial, at http://www.ladop.net/redesign/standingstutorial.htm . This illustrated tutorial explains exactly how to set filters, how to add columns, how to find a specific user, and how premium members can use the “My Leaderboards” feature.

LadderBux Item of the Month – Pet Toys

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this. Give your cats the honor they think they deserve, by using your LadderBux to buy them some new toys! Is your dog trying to learn how to play cards, so that he can play with you in your League? Let him know that you're willing to share your LadderBux with him, by getting him a new dog toy from the LadderBux Redemption Center!

This month, we’re actually featuring several different items, all for that special fuzzy someone in your life. We’ve added a wide variety of items for your pet, from squeaky chew toys and mini-ropes for your dog to bell collars and catnip mice for your cat. These items will be available for 25,000 - 50,000 LadderBux, depending on the specific item. To redeem one of these items, simply go to our LadderBux Redemption Center, which can be accessed from the Redeem LadderBux link on your “My Account” page.

Grand Prix Tournaments 2009

Joe Andrews, Founder/Director of the World Series of Classic Card Games would like to invite you to attend the 2009 Grand Prix Tournaments!

These tournaments are a live event held every year, sponsored by Demand Media and Case’s Ladder. There are guaranteed cash prizes, as well as trophies and medals for the top four teams. The tournament will have a multiple-round qualifying format, and there will be playoffs and consolation games, so that no one has to quit playing early. Grand Prix has professional hosts, and this is their 11th year of organizing quality events.

This year's events are scheduled as follows:

July 31st - August 2nd

Euchre, Hearts

Lansing, MI

November 6th - 8th

Spades, Pinochle, BidWhist

Atlanta, GA

Anyone is welcome to attend, and we’d love to have as many Leagues represented as possible. The Grand Prix tournament can be a great setting for a League gathering, too! You and your League friends can all meet up there, play against each other, and get to know each other offline!

For more information about the Grand Prix tournaments, you can visit their website at www.grandprixtournaments.com , or you can contact Joe Andrews via E-mail at heartsmoon@aol.com or via telephone at 781-454-6666, weekdays from 10:00am – 4:00pm, Eastern Daylight Time.

We hope to see you at Grand Prix!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cancer Posts : 271

https://fireside.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down